Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kraft Lab Tuesday - Dylusions Experiment

Hello All:

Today, I experimented with using Dylusions by Ranger as watercolors.  I placed a little bit of the liquid delusions in a plastic pill container.  I was able to get at least 6 colors in and snapped the lids shut.

Experiment #1 - Will the liquid dylusions evaporate?

Experiment #2 - How intense are the colors during application with a watercolor paint brush?

Experiment #3 -  When mixing delusions with acrylic paint, did either mediums fade or bleed?


Results:

Experiment #1 - Ongoing will report next Week.  No evaporation after 24 hours.


Experiment #2 - The colors are intense via first application, but intensity does diminish with the addition of water or  when trying to clean the brush.  It takes a while for the brush to become clean as the water keeps the color useful.  I see many benefits of delusions use for watercoloring.  I was able to use the color "white picket fence" on top of the main color







Experiment #3 - The use of delusions over acrylic paint does not effect either medium on the journal page....page is a watercolor paper.


Summary:

I have to say that I love using Dylusions by Ranger as watercolor paint.   I was able to write using my handwriting using the stem of the spray bottle.  This was a illuminating Kraft Lab.   Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment