Saturday, November 8, 2014

Thanksgiving Theme - A table Setting

Welcome all that just left http://craftsbyhappystamper.com/2014/11/08/hello-fall-blog-hop/ - Elizabeth Jeanne Thatcher:Elizabeth


Hello All:

I was really excited about doing my first blog hop with Team Stampers.  I challenged myself to use "Paper Pumpkin" for October  and various supplies to create a Table centerpiece for Thanksgiving.  It was really exciting.  What I found was that it just the prep that took time.

Paper Pumpkin from stamping up gives you so many items to use as they are packaged, but I wanted to embellish them using things from stash.  First, I went to the dollar store bought two wine goblets.

 Painted both glasses with white gesso and dried with heat gun.  You can allow to dry naturally, but using SU heat gun is faster.  This project can done after place your Turkey in the oven and all your sides are prepped.
 I gesso glasses because the paint color takes better.
 Both glasses (above) after gesso and dried via heat gun


I decided to use the PomPom maker from the Paper Pumpkin to create a PomPom flower.  It was really easy.  Wrap the yard around the card board then tie a yard string around the yard wrap and cut.
While waiting for the glue gun to heat up, I put the candy box together from the October Paper Pumpkin kit.  It felt a little weak so I painted the box with gesso to prep it for painting like goblets.  It will become a place setting on the table.
In pic above, I have gesso the candy box and dried it with SU heat gun.  Now I am going to embellish the flame less candles and make a few hand made flowers.

 Using a glue gun, sizzix die cut flowers and Paper Pumpkin leaves, and lace from an old doilies.
 Added card stock paper (Tilda - Toni Finnanger ) to the candy box and I will add lace trim and some bling to finish it.

 One last paint job on the glasses includes mod podge glitter
 The flameless candles are embellish with hand made flowers.
I added the lace trim I got from Walmart and the PomPom Flower and a flat back pearl.  I will add candy and place it on top all chargers on the set table.



 Glue the candles into the bottom of the glass and add the rest of the Paper Pumpkin yards to the inside to keep the candles balanced.

Look at the project now it will make any table and place setting look elegant.  Now, continue to the other wonderful projects within the Hop.  I know you will have fascinating afternoon in this Hop.




No comments:

Post a Comment