Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Purple Friday -Go Ravens

Baltimore Ravens

Let me say this really fast.....I am not a sports watcher. Sports (no matter which one) makes me sleepy. Sport programs are the best sleeping pill I know. To look at me, you would know that sports does not figure highly in my life.  So, for me to wish the Baltimore Ravens good luck is something really special. I join the fun and fan community spirit because it is inspirational to see everyone dressed in their Raven shirts, jackets, and hats. Love for the  Baltimore Ravens ----knows no boundaries. Everyone is a buddy and a fan when you are wearing your Ravens gear on Purple Friday.  Truthfully, I think I have a love affair with the color Purple.  Purple was the first color that a male said looked good on me.  My mother was in a club that was known as the Purple House.  I own a Purple Coach purse ( I don't see many people with that purse).  I actually have a love affair with Coach purses, but we will discuss that little addiction on another day.


Purple - 

 
  Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.
Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Friday's color is purple.

Reference:   Emily Gems - Blog. (2011). Color Purple Meaning. Retrieved January 13, 2012, from Emily Gems - Joyful crystals and gemstones Web Site: http:/crystal-cure.com/purple.html


My daughter is a serious Lady Raven. She has Raven hats, gloves, purses, shirts, earrings, and etc. Her serious interest in the team has inspired me to go along for the ride. Our city goes mad for the Ravens. There is a little story behind why the Ravens are so supported. I will not take up your time with the story, but "Google or Wikipedia" the Baltimore Colts and  Baltimore Ravens to find out the back story. Everyone is happily anticipating the game on Sunday. The whole city seems happier! I wish we could have this type of community spirit every day. Just a few of my thoughts!  Have a Happy Purple Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment