Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bloggers that make me Rave

Hello All:

I am not a person that "crushes" about  people or celebrities.  But, I have to Rave about two really outstanding  bloggers in the universe Bonnie K. Hunt and Jo of Jo's Country Junction.  These are two very different bloggers that really go out their way to inspire quilters and sewist in the crafting universe.  I found Jo online through her YouTube videos for the AcuuQuilt Go.   I, recently, was linked to her through Bonnie's blog.

First, Bonnie has changed my whole world about completing UFOs.  Check out her blog about "Leaders and Enders".  She has also written a book that explains the whole process.  What I like about Bonnie is that you can find the information on her blog.  She just does not save it for the book.



The sky and ocean of Honolulu, HI

 After reading her blog, I purchased the book for the quilt patterns and additional information.  And, her vintage sewing machine information on her blog is priceless.  If you can, you need to check out Bonnie's Quilt Cam's. Bonnie's is a traveling quilt teacher and she is literally going around the world teaching and showing quilts.  She went to Bali (hope I spelled it right) and sent back pictures and narratives of the trip along with blog entries that were pre-blogged.  Just read those entries to get a good fell for this region near Asia ( my lack of geography knowledge is showing).   She invites everyone that is viewing to join in on Quilt Cam nights and get their projects done while she is working on her own projects.  Bonnie gives you great information about many various quilting/ sewing subjects and takes questions from her comment section for the evening Quilt Cam. 

Second, Jo's Country Junctions review crafting books, links to many relevant quilting and crafting events.  She also has food recipes that anyone can make.  Her joy of crafting, cooking, and passing on the information to others really comes through on her blog.  Jo has an intelligent list of other bloggers on her blog that you can click on and get more information.  I enjoy just reading thoughts of many interesting people in the crafting universe.   It was Jo's videos that inspired me to get the AccuQuilt Go and the Go Baby with dies. I love it.  With my time being taken up with getting holiday gifts off the ground, the AccuQuilt Go and Go Baby are really helping to stream line my cutting.  These ladies and many others have inspired me to be a better blogger and crafter. 


Chow

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment