Friday, September 28, 2012

Scrap Bags

Hello All:

A few weeks ago, I found "Moda Scrap Bags" on Ebay.  I was looking for something else and some how I ended up with scap bags.  I had never heard of these little gems.  Let me tell what I found out.  Moda's scrap bags are:

Each bag contains varying width of strips, most are from 2" to 4" in width (some have selvage edge imprints on them). Strips vary in length, most are 32" or longer. Each bag of strips is color coordinated. Approximately 1/2 pound of scraps.



 


I read many reviews about the scap bags online and many people complained that the selvages are problem.  I decided to get one just see what I could with them.  The cost rangers from $9.99 to 14.99.  I found the ones on Ebay to be better choice for getting what you need instead of what is left over from the company. I have started to string and crumb quilt.  These strips within the scrap bags are great for this type of quilting.  I did not find the selvages inclusion a problem since I used the AccuQuilt Go strip cutter to eliminate them as a problem.

So, try a scrap bag if you have time and money to do specialize quilting.

Enjoy a picture from Hawaii - June 24, 2012 - Island Tour
 

No comments:

Post a Comment