Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Holiday Crafting is Online

Hello All:


This has been a really "world wind" year.  I planned a trip to Honolulu on Christmas Day 2011.  It literally took over my life.  I did all the planning, scheduling, and organizing of the trip for my family.  Take a look at the video of the USS Arizona still underwater and leaking oil from WWII.  We went in late June for nearly ten days. 

While we were gone, Maryland had a terrible storm that caused a tree to fall down in front of our house.  Thank goodness, no one was hurt and there was only one car in the driveway.  It is missed that car by only inches.  Funny, once we returned from the trip.  I was "stumped".  I didn't have anything to do.  I really had withdrawal from the planning, worrying, and shopping for the trip.  Well, this year I decide to get a jump on my Holiday handmade gifting.  I started sewing patchwork like crazy.  I have come up with hundreds of ideas for gifts, research ideas, and raided my holiday stash for fabric.  My goal this year.....buy nothing. No new fabric.

I want to use everything up from prior years.  Ask me how that is really working for me.  Actually, I am keeping to my goal about the fabric (for the most part).  I only bought threads.... an embroidery sewing machine....stablizers....holiday digital designs for the embroidery sewing machine.  I guess I should have gotten more fabric....It would have been cheaper.

Enjoy a short Video of the USS Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment