Monday, October 8, 2012

String Quilting my Filler

Hello  All:
   
 I use my string quilting as "filler" for quilting projects.  When I do not feel like working on a UFO, I work on making string/crumb quilt patches.   I work on my string quilt blocks with fabric scraps.  I have about 10 blocks completed. I alternate between a male tie string patches and just fabric scrap patches.   I do not have a plan for the patchwork....it is just for relaxation.

String Quilting is really easy and great for new quilters or children learning to sewing.  I just finish reading Bonnie K. Hunter's Book

Bonnie K. Hunter's String Fling - Scrappy, Happy, and Loving It.
 
 
I my opinion, readability is very important in learning to do something new or  to increase knowledge of something already known.  I liked  that the discussions of the background and theory of string quilts was understandable.   I do dis-like the type face, though.  It seems a little small for those with glasses.  The quilt patterns and projects seem pretty challenging, but doable.  The use of color and patterns did give me many ideas for quilt tops that did not utilize strings.  All in all, a good book for learning a new craft.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment